Thursday, November 30, 2006

Evening After The Night Before....

Last night I had the pleasure of attending the 2nd UK BI User Group and happened to ask Chris Webb when the next one might be and he answered probably about 6 months. Now go onto one of the IT job boards and type in BI, SSIS, OLAP or any of the many acronyms that relate to this kind of thing and you'll be overloaded with agencies and other organisations offering large sums of money and incentives to come and join them.

What's my point?

Well with that kind of level of interest in BI over the last 18 months and that interest not looking like it will wane in the foreseeable future I think there are a couple of things that should happen....

Firstly more people should attend, now that may be location as TVP (Microsoft UK, Reading) isn't the easiest of places to get to but MS kindly offer their place so who's going to refuse it.

Secondly more regular, things are moving pretty fast, people are coming out with new tips tricks and ways of adapting and implementing the MS BI platform so surely there are plenty more things that can be discussed, one look at a PASS event shows there a hell of a lot of ideas out there.....

I should do my bit as well I suppose, I could make some Turkey sandwiches to take, there might be some left overs in the next month or so..!

No comments: