Tuesday, October 09, 2007

SQLBits

Waking up early on a Saturday morning is not one of my greatest traits but I managed to overcome that weakness to attend SQLBits at the Microsoft campus in Reading at the weekend.

There was a track on BI as well as one on SQL Server 2008 so plenty for everyone to be interested in. The best moments for me were seeing my friend and colleague Sutha present on managing early arriving facts and the new spatial data types in SQL Server 2008.

I need to go through the details of Keith Burns presentation again before I can post about it with any real conviction but the general consensus within the room was that "right here right now I don't know what I'm going to use this stuff for but I'm going to find a way to implement it". In other words how we developer types define "cool".

No comments: