Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Art of the Referentially Intact

Clicking a wizard should be the easiest thing in the world. One push, out comes your desired result. Not tonight. I'm having great difficulty building a demo SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services cube because the data I've been given has very little integrity. So what does this mean for me? It means I'm missing the champions league semi final between Liverpool and Chelsea. It means I'm getting hungrier by the second and will probably have to consume a large amount of processed food on the way home and it also means I'm losing the feeling in my fingers due to the over active air conditioning in my office.
Hopefully I would have now cleansed the data to a point at which it can't fail but it severly reduces what I can demonstrate. Lets see what spanners await me when I try to build some Reporting Services reports off of it.....!

No comments: