Sunday, May 22, 2005

Jesus Was a Carpenter..!

I have spent most of my day today with MDF (not that sort of MDF) drills and nails. Lots of hard work and something presentable in the end. Nothing special, just boxing in some pipes at home but I actually quite enjoyed it.
A friend of mine stayed over the weekend and as he is at one with the ways of the chippy, I assisted him completing a task at home that has been on my agenda for some weeks. It does make you wonder about the whole sitting on your backside for 10-12 hours a day looking at a screen, surely it can't be good for you.
After the whole IT bubble has burst and most of us geeks have been thrown to the Wolves it's either going to be a Yak farming job in Tibet or something practical like today. Until then........

3 comments:

Greg said...

I really like woodworking and enjoying the process of working with my hands. I like working around the house doing projects that involved some form of custom woodworking . I like watching Norm Abrams on this old House. I've gathered a lot of great ideas about custom woodworking from his show. I'm planning on starting a home construction project of my own. And I'm going to remodel my basement. Think anyone has any ideas for any links or information let me know. One of the most helpful sites I've found so far is http://2relico.com and I'm looking for more tips. Thank you for letting me post on your web blog. Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Greg said...

I really like woodworking and enjoying the process of working with my hands. I like working around the house doing projects that involved some form of house remodeling . I like watching Norm Abrams on this old House. I've gathered a lot of great ideas about house remodeling from his show. I'm planning on starting a home construction project of my own. And I'm going to remodel my basement. Think anyone has any ideas for any links or information let me know. One of the most helpful sites I've found so far is http://2relico.com and I'm looking for more tips. Thank you for letting me post on your web blog. Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Greg said...

http://2relico.comwindows and windows Ideas for Home Construction projects. If you own a home and need to work on windows then al I want to say is Yea.... I wood love to let you in on a secret about home repairs... People ask me all the time about windows and they want to know simple ways to solve ther problems ...well I have the answers and If you go to http://2relico.com windows and go through the site you will find what you are looking for... what can I say butt get going ...